Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Catching Up #1

Here's the article by Zach Duncan in Wichita Falls I gave a wink to before I went on vacation. I talked to Zach several times as he was was doing his homework. I say that not to brag off, but to demonstrate that Zach did a lot of homework for the piece making sure he got the history right. Most media have a short memory, and by its recent past the NAHL doesn't help, but Zach did a good job tying things together, and it makes the piece a very good read. Oh, and I get mentioned a few times, but nothing I haven't said here already.

I apologize for linking to OurSportsCentral and SportzDomain articles, which are press release recyclers. Normally when I see a release from these sites I get the original press release from the team that sent it out. However, with my post-vacation backlog I don't have time for this. I'll start using the original source when I get caught up.

Petes get their man in Malette...

Israeli program making slow but steady progress...

Former Soo Thunderbird Josh Chase signs with Muskegon Fury after NCAA career at Bentley...

Golden Jets announce coach...

Harland rejoins Terriers’ fold...

SJHL grad list (Doug Sauter still has Sask. connections, in this case nephew Hardy in Nipawin)...

Londoner elected OHA's first female head...

Mississauga IceDogs lose head coach to AHL Marlies (Toronto Sun article on same topic)...

Alberta JHL prez Craig Cripps gets interviewed by the New England Hockey Journal...

Halifax Mooseheads draft Michael Cichy anyway...

Upstate New York players getting noticed...

Catamounts add AtJHL and USHL players...

British Columbia Hockey HoF adds five...

Lubbock Cotton Kings sign Yorkton Terrier Jason Beatty...

Billings Bulls' Dan Fremuth lands in Amarillo as Gorillas' new broadcaster...

USHL'ers sign with ECHL Stingrays...

Flin Flon Bombers trainer Hildebrand now with Manitoba Moose...

Nailers sign former Fighting Saint/Forge defenseman Bernie Chmiel...

Camrose Kodiak Darrell Stoddard signs with Memphis RiverKings...

And finally (for this post, at least)... This blog shares some qualities with Steve Newlin's The Farm Report, which primarily covers the Central Hockey League. Well, TFR has been out of service for awhile, but Steve had brought it back on a limited basis in recent weeks. I thought I'd draw attention to it as another digest source for those looking for news, and say it's nice to see Steve back...

Comments on "Catching Up #1"

 

post a comment