Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hump Day News

I'm so ready for Friday, but not as much as I'm ready for next Thursday... *eg*

USHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Bredin is now former USHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Bredin. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but he's no longer listed on the league's website and I did verify he and the league have parted ways.

An update from North Dakota, they've set the hearing date between the Fighting Sioux and NCAA. I just hope when this is all over the NCAA doesn't find a way to screw UND the same way they screwed UGA and OU after getting smoked by the Supremes in 1984.

Here's some updates on the Moose Jaw accident. Oldest stories first.
Story 1, Story 2, Story 3, Story 4

Canadian Hockey League introducing drug testing... hear hear...

Ahhh... old time hockey... *sigh*... how I miss it so. And to think, this wasn't even in the WSHL (if it was, we'd never hear what the suspension were). I wonder if linesman Rory McCuaig is related to Frank "Bang" McCuaig, who played pro hockey in Oklahoma City in the 1930s (yes, 1930s)...

Comments on "Hump Day News"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM, October 29, 2006) : 

Does anyone know what happened to Bredin?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

Only dealt with Bredin a handful of times. Came across as pretty sharp. I know he was trying hard to help us make a profit in the midst of soaring transportation costs. But I guess being sharp is a bad career move at the USHL.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM, October 31, 2006) : 

No surprise here given Gasparini's track record of losing quality assistants. As a respected member of the hockey community told me - you dont work with Gino, only for him. His enormous ego just won't allow it!

 

post a comment