Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Topeka news hits mainstream

I'm sure Topeka hockey fans are nursing their celebratory hangovers this morning. The Topeka Capital-Journal has a teaser article commonly found at this stage of the game, basically saying "the two sides are in talks and hope to reach an agreement soon."

The only error in the article is that the writer says they are ranked second in the league by juniorhockeyrankings.com. Not just the league, but the country. Of course, I've been wondering who is behind this juniorhockeyrankings.com site since it started up a month or so ago. There are no names or other real contact information associated with it, and the domain search results were masked behind private registrars. Maybe they are blog readers and will come out of their shell, I don't know... but I've had more than a few coaches ask me who these guys are, going so far as to wonder if I were involved (and I'm clearly not). Come on out, guys... reputation means everything at this level. But maybe their just shy, or perhaps too embarrassed to reveal themselves after saying that the Santa Fe Road Runners (sic) play in Texas. Like Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy, I'm left asking myself "who are those guys?"

Labels:

Comments on "Topeka news hits mainstream"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM, November 29, 2006) : 

" Like Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy, I'm left asking myself "who are those guys?" "

Didn't Paul Newman as Reg Dunlap ask the same question about the Hanson brothers???

 

post a comment