Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesday News

The Columbian reports on the Fort Vancouver ruling. The article is worth reading because it gives a decent timeline of events, and includes some interesting quotes from Pioneers president Joe Loftgren...
"I can say to you today that the issues between the Fort Vancouver Pioneers and the NORPAC league have been amicably resolved."
Of course, that doesn't stop everyone from bickering here...
"It was my decision. I did the deal. I wasn't forced to take the deal. I wasn't proposed the deal. I'm the one who articulated it and did the deal."
So no one held a gun to his head...
"One of the (options) is to continue being in NORPAC," Loftgren said. "But there's other options that we as an organization are exploring. At this time, I don't really want to comment on any of those because they're just fluid."
That would seem to bolster the claims of some here that the organization is exploring joining the WHA.

Tim O'Neal declined to comment to The Columbian. O'Neal did contact me several days ago wishing to discuss the situation, but I have not heard back from him since offering to post any statement he had on the matter.


Speaking of the WHA, they don't have Jim Cashman as an consultant, do they? If at first (or second or third, for that matter) you don't succeed, find a new region where they've never heard of you...

Alberni Valley spears opposing mascot during BCHL playoff game...

Quebec Remparts captain lets Chicoutimi know "he's number one"...

Would someone please let the BCHL know that Texas Tech is club hockey. I do need to look into these scholarships the Red Raiders apparently have...

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Tuesday News"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM, March 13, 2007) : 

I didnt think that club teams were allowed to give scholarships? I guess I was wrong.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM, March 13, 2007) : 

what about the teams that allow players to play all year with out paying or teams that don’t pay there team dues all year? Isn’t allowing players to play on the team as a not paid the same as paying there way?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 AM, March 14, 2007) : 

I heard the Helena broadcast tonight and I must say I was surprised to hear skip barry (sp?) on the air. I thought he was with the pios broadcast? What happen... either way he did not indicate why he left? And he never bashed the pios organization. Does anyone know what happen?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM, March 14, 2007) : 

I was told that he left due to frustration of things with the front office. He seemed like he really did not want to leave. Skip is a nice guy and seemed polite to me. Hopefully, he is not done broadcasting hockey because he is extremely good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM, March 14, 2007) : 

Seems like the paid players and the owners/coaches of the fort.van should of never been in the play offs. (makes you wonder who els has been paid off?)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM, March 14, 2007) : 

One lie after another by Joe in the Columbian article. From the wife of a coach, we were told he admitted to paying 20k to players this year and 15k to players laster, paying billet fees, and buying cars for players. I think the guy is on crack or something that doesn't allow him to see the full picture. What kind of smoke is he blowing? Gets busted and he still can't tell the truth. As a parent, I wouldn't want my son playing on his team.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM, March 14, 2007) : 

do yo think with out there paid players they would of been in first place in the 06-07 season? players ftom all teams got the SHAFT !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM, March 14, 2007) : 

two posts up, must be you MRS. HARTLEY.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM, March 15, 2007) : 

Joe told me this morning that when he is done smoking crack he is going to buy me a Hummer.

 

Blogger Marc Foster said ... (11:44 PM, March 18, 2007) : 

Alright, children... You want to play around? Go drag down some other forum.

Comments off until further notice.

 

post a comment