Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday Morning Coming Down

"Well, I woke up Sunday morning... with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt." - Johnny Cash

As I mentioned before, here's Greg Rachac's column in from the Billings Gazette. He discusses the domino effect experienced in Montana, and also references some of Michael Santos' comments from my interview (I'm guessing it was filed before Santos announced his resignation). My fear is that the domino effect is not complete.

As for the Santos resignation, after a good night's sleep I guess it's not all that surprising. His initial three year term was set to expire at the end of this month, and there seems to be some confusion over an alleged vote during the Youngstown meetings regarding Santos' status. Whatever it was, it was clear Santos was losing his support. I'm not sure what he'll be doing for the Predators, but I'm guessing he'll have some sort of Asst. GM/Director of Hockey Ops role similar to the positions he's held with the Islanders and Panthers.

There's another league meeting Tuesday. I'm suspecting the Board of Governors will be electing a new Chairman to the Board of Governors (Jason Martel resigned following the hiatus of Bozeman), selecting an executive search committee to replace Santos, and finalizing the divisional alignment for next season. After that it's anyone's guess what will happen.

Comments on "Sunday Morning Coming Down"

 

Blogger Montana_Dan said ... (9:50 AM, June 04, 2006) : 

First I would like to apologize for the poor decision made by our commissioners here in Yellowstone county. I too think that the ramifications of their actions has not been fully felt. Hopefully it will only have minor effects from this point forward.

Second I would like to thank Michael Santos for his service as the NAHL commissioner and to wish him well at his new position with the Predators.

 

post a comment