Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hackel resigns

First, it was sayonara Santos, and now we say so long, Stu to NAHL media relations director Stu Hackel. I'm sure people will make more out of this development than is necessary, but I'm not surprised it has taken place. The position was never a full time (even if it took Stu 60 hours a week, as I'm sure it often did), and I suspect any replacement will be either part-time or contracted. I will definately miss Stu. He's been around this business a lot longer than I have, and it was rare that we talked and I didn't learn some nugget of wisdom. I've talked about Stu's extensive background in the past, but what impressed me about it is that he never tried to "big-time" me with it. You can see a little of this in his resignation letter, when he said "I came to appreciate this level of hockey as never before and the dedication and spirit that go along with it." Stu's a good guy, and he will be missed.

Turning to the other front office position available, the deadline was Friday for submitted applications for the commish post. I know I promised a list, and indeed I have heard a few names, but I found out yesterday that the response to the request was significantly more than I had anticipated.

That's going to be it on news for now. My home computer suffered a meltdown last night (which is why the Hackel news was delayed a day), and I don't have a lot of time at the moment to slog through the news bits from work. Forgive me, but the next few days will likely be limited. Think of it as the warm up for my vacation in a few weeks.

Comments on "Hackel resigns"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM, July 14, 2006) : 

No blog in 2 days? COME ON!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM, July 14, 2006) : 

the NAHL should officially change its name to the "BLHA" or "Bush League Hockey Association"

 

post a comment