Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Saturday, September 23, 2006

More lies by Gordon Riese

I'll keep this simple and to the point. There's another lie hanging around Gordon Riese's neck.

This is his listing in the Portland State Hall of Fame

Some of you know I have a history of sniffing out guys who make false claims about their playing records. This one was easy. I grew up in KC and never heard of this guy. My alarms are going off, so I checked out the records... He never played for the Royals. Based on his age, I checked the KC Athletics for good measure, thinking there might be some confusion... nothing there either.

I'll lay out the data for everyone:

Royals batting records
Royals pitching records (Riese was a pitcher in college)
Athletics batting records
Athletics pitching record

For final measure, I checked and sure enough, he never played major league ball anywhere.

Having done this awhile, I can tell you there are two avenues of escape for Riese. I'm not going to say them here. If this part of the story gets into the mainstream media, I'd like to see him come up with the response himself.

But I still think the man is a complete fraud, and believe at this point we have a reasonable suspicion to question the death threats he claims to have received.

Comments on "More lies by Gordon Riese"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 AM, September 23, 2006) : 

And in hockey news, it was announced that Sure deodorant has agreed to a two-year sponsorship deal with every junior referee in North America.

Elsewhere, the Jack Webb Academy revealed the details regarding the groundbreaking ceremony for its new offices in Norman will be distributed to the media by fax. It was also stated that there will be no other confirmation; Just the fax ... ma'am.

 

Blogger Marc Foster said ... (8:15 AM, September 23, 2006) : 

That's actually pretty good... LOL...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM, September 23, 2006) : 

There is enough spotlight on Gordon Riese. Let the main stream media and himself sink this guy. If he is lying; he will get what he deserves. Like in every hockey game with a crying player regarding a penalty in the first period (while everyone else is in the third); it is time for game management and MOVE ON! I find it hard to believe that there is no hockey information with all of the Junior leagues in full swing or within days of starting. Just an opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM, September 23, 2006) : 

Hey Anonymous, this is your long-lost twin cousin, Anonymous! (Actually, I can't be bothered to think of a handle because I don't post much.)

I'm tracking the WHA league in BC, just to see if they got it right this time. It's hard to find scores, but I saw a blog that says the opening nights are all sellouts and SROs. I checked the NAHL and CSHL attendances, and the WHA was up there with those who drew less than 800. I checked the Norpac, and those games seem to be attended by invitation only.

What intrigues me about this version of the WHA is that it's covering all the player costs except billets and skates. They've said they want to expand into the USA, so they could be real competition to the Junior B leagues if they show they've got their act together.

That's the hockey news I can contribute. You're welcome. See you at the next Anonymous family reunion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM, September 23, 2006) : 

chill out about the OU thing please. do you even have any affiliation with the university? it's over. the players and coaches were screwed, they are the one's that deserve an explanation, not the fans. we know this guy is an idiot, and hopefully he will never have another job in his life, but lets move on

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM, September 23, 2006) : 

If you look at the page, you will see a pretty big OU logo on it...I would imagine there is some affiliation, as I cannot imagine OU just wanting to advertise on this site...no offense to the site...If you do not like, no one is forcing you to come here...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM, September 23, 2006) : 

Marc,
Maybe he was somewhere in the KC Org. , Like rookie ball or something. If he collected a paycheck, the statement was not a lie. There are a ton of kids that can say that. Even one check would have made him a pro. Ask the NCAA. He could have recieved it in a rookie league, or a summer league, anything.

Lets get back to hockey.... did someone say 11-1? Go USA...

 

post a comment