Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday News

Dane Litke resigns as head coach of the Bismarck Bobcats...

Former Wings goalie Stefan takes over as coach of Plymouth Whalers...

SJHL heats up at trade deadline...

Olympiques may shuffle deck, with Giroux their ace in the hole...

Grizzlies' stars to shine at home...

Sidekick status no problem for junior sniper MacLean...

Rocket keeps focus on hockey...

Windsor spits great goal record in danger...

Three prospects skating with Prince George Cougars...

Windsor Spitfires juggling roster...

Layton enjoying hot streak with Foggies...

New combo gives Raiders life...

Difficult times watching Cyr struggle through final junior season...

OMG!!! Rouge Valley has a bona fide winning streak!

Burnaby Express star winger Finucci gets NCAA interest...

Hosting the Memorial Cup means head coach DeBoer must pull out all the stops to create a champion...

Trigger pulled - Marchand a marvelous Mooseheads pickup...

And finally... Two weekends ago NHIC did a segment on bloggers in the NHL. Overall it was a pretty good piece. Several familiar names were mentioned and also happened to give their reviews of the segment, including Tom Benjamin and James Mirtle (who wrote a second follow-up last night). For the most part my thoughts of the piece parallel what these two said, especially on accountability to the readers. If I was full of crap, my readership wouldn't keep growing, would it? It seems to me when the MSM screws up, they just circle the wagons. When a blogger screws up, their readership drops and other bloggers get into a feeding frenzy. For me, I'm in a niche and function similar to Kukla's Korner (or Matt Drudge), in that I'm a clearinghouse for articles. I also toss in my opinions on things where I can, and once in awhile get my own scoops. By the way, I'm not losing my touch - I had the news on Dane Litke's resignation probably within an hour of it taking place, but a busy workplace kept me from posting it, so I left it for Lou Babiarz' write up this morning.

Labels: , , , , ,