Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Simon says "I quit!"

Regg Simon has resigned as head coach of the Des Moines Bucs:
Simon Resigns as Head Coach & GM

February 28, 2008

The Des Moines Buccaneers announced today that Head Coach and General Manager Regg Simon has resigned effective immediately. Associate Head Coach Todd Knott will take over on an interim basis as Head Coach for the remainder of the season.

“I felt it was in my best interest personally and professionally to step down at this time.” Simon said. “I appreciate the opportunity the organization has given me and I wish them the best of luck in the future.”

Buccaneers President Shawn Edwards, who made the announcement to his staff this afternoon, said it was a “sad day for Buccaneer hockey”, and that “Regg was a special person”.

Simon was in his fifth season with the Buccaneers and his third as Head Coach & General Manager. Edwards said that Simon “took this organization to the next level and will certainly be missed.” He said that Regg is a “great talent in the coaching field with a bright future”. Edwards went on to say that he “understands Regg’s reasoning behind the decision”.

Todd Knott will be making his USHL Head Coach debut tomorrow night as the Bucs host the Chicago Steel. Knott, in his third season with the Bucs, has served as a Head Coach & General Manager in the past. During the ’04-’05 season Knott guided the Fargo-Moorhead Jets of the North American Hockey League to a division title.
Also, for those wondering, my ISP has hosed my webserver, so most of my images, like the masthead to the blog, are currently unavailable. It should be resolved in a day or so.

Labels: