Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WHENatchee???

You can't fault the Wenatchee World for trying. Still, that vote everyone's waiting to hear the results on hasn't been taken yet. I guess communications to central Washington are slow in the winter, what with the passes being closed all the time. I'm guessing that the major hang-up with accepting Wenatchee is still the divisional alignment. This whole time the thought has been to add them to the South along with the three Alaska teams, Texas, Wichita Falls, and Topeka. I'm guessing that's not real popular with the three teams actually in the south. It also goes without saying you can't set your divisions until you know who is committed to next season and where they will be playing. I'm not holding up any franchise voodoo dolls, so don't read too much into this, but I doubt we'll see the same pieces on the chessboard this fall.

I understand the vote is tomorrow. No really, I'm not joking.

Update: The WenWorld seems to have picked up on the delay...