Email Marc

Blog Tags


Archives

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Back from whence he came

Here's the press release from the Nashville Predators regarding Michael Santos becoming their Director of Hockey Operations. It's pretty much as I predicted Sunday morning. Santos' previous experience with the Isles and Panthers seems to be better suited for this sort of role than as NAHL commish. I know some folks have jumped on the Santos pig-pile, and sure I've taken my share of pot shots at him over the last three years, but I never envied his situation while he was involved with the NAHL. I don't think, given the choices at the time, that he was a bad selection. That's something people forget - what were the options at the time?. It's something that needs to be given an once of consideration as the Governors initiate a new hiring process. Who wants to jump into the fire now? I think it will take someone with a bold and innovative strategy to pull the kind of turn-around the NAHL needs.

Comments on "Back from whence he came"

 

post a comment